The average person just wants to get fit, stay in shape and keep the weight off. Knowing the best time to work out for weight loss can help you utilise time efficiently and get the most out of your exercise sessions.
So, are morning walks good for Weight Loss?….
Everybody can relate to waking up in a bad mood from the sound of an alarm clock ringing.
They often have an opposite effect.
We feel so awful after waking up that it’s enough to put us back to sleep. We believe we’re powerless to stop it, so we press the snooze button and accept our fate.
Making The Case for Morning Exercise
Best time to workout to burn the most amount of fat burning is the morning. The main reasons why this happens are:
- Right after we wake up generally we have low blood sugar levels which force the body to look for other energy sources so it starts converting fat from the reserves to fuel.
- Hormones that help the fat burning are at high levels in the morning right after you wake up and reduces all throughout the day.
“There are many reasons why getting up and moving your body first thing in the morning is a must”
5 Reasons Why You Should Go For Morning Walks
1. It will Increase Your Metabolism
Your body burns more calories after your workout, even when you’re sitting.
2. You’re finished with the workout
Working out in the morning lets you be free afterwards and it does not have to interrupt your work schedule.
3. The Body burns more FAT
Working out in the morning will burn more fat. Studies have shown that exercising in a fasted state can burn almost 20 percent more fat compared to exercising with fuel in the tank.
4. Sleep Better
You will sleep better. Your body will enjoy a healthy sense of fatigue at the end of the day and will be ready to sleep soundly.
5. Improves quality of your Life
Exercise is a trigger that release endorphins (our happy hormones). A regular exercise routine will make your life more enjoyable.
But, I’m not a morning person…
Most people find it very stressful to exercise in the morning. There is a way you can wake up better:
- Keep the alarm far away so you stop hitting the snooze button.
- Set a positive intention for the day to bring in the positivity.
- Open the drapes and let the sunlight stream in, it’s a natural wake up call for the body.
Easy enough, right? Nope. It used to take me every ounce of willpower I had to wake up and stay up.
Therefore, practice is key.
So, to answer the question, are morning walks good for Weight Loss? YES!
“I now love morning walks and now find that my energy and motivation level is higher than before. The thought of exercising in the evening makes me feel exhausted (I prefer to get my workout finished early now)”